Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My thoughts about some of the characters.

Coach Lednecky: I think Coach Lednecky shouldn’t be the coach of Trout High School Football. I think this because the school shouldn’t have a football coach that is racist. Coaches are usually looked up on by students, role models. Nobody wants to have a role model that is racist.
Principal Jasper: Jasper goes along with anything Coach Lednecky says because they’re school is big on sports. They’ve both paired up to keep Louie Banks off of any extracurricular activities in the school. When Coach Madison tries to convince them to let Louie go out for track, I think he kind of panics. He wants to hold his ground on what he said with the conference with Louie’s parents. “Louie cannot go out for any extracurricular activities.” Was what he said in Running Loose.
Coach Madison: Coach Madison is one of the good guys in Running Loose. He tries to help out Louie after everything that happens with him and football. Madison wants to get Louie to join track. They go up against Lednecky and Jasper because Coach Madison doesn’t want anything to do with sports if they’re going to play it the way Lednecky did during the game against Salmon River. Madison loved sports but he wasn’t going to play that way.
Louie Banks: Louie is the main character and narrator in Running Loose. I think Louie is very brave for what he has done throughout the story. He stood up to the referee who was referring for Trout’s game against Salmon River. He wasn’t going to stand for what Lednecky got Boomer to do. I think he was also brave at Becky’s funeral. He blamed God for everything that was happening in his life and he got all of his thoughts out about the church. Louie has been one of my favorite characters throughout the book. I mean, I guess usually the main characters are the favorites but out of all the good characters in this book, I like him the best. Another reason I thought Louie was brave was when he went up against Lednecky and Jasper with Madison. He wasn’t going to give up. They won against Lednecky and Jasper. When they put up a plaque in memory of Becky, Jasper had signed the bottom. Louie wouldn’t have that so he went down there with a sledge hammer. I thought that was funny, but not the right thing to do, but still funny.
Becky Sanders: Becky had to do with a lot of the stuff going on in Running Loose. I thought Becky was a really big part in this book because Louie made a fit when she died. Especially at her funeral. She taught Louie a lot too. For example, she said ‘if they ever break up to take it and put it in a box and remember the good things.’ Becky was a great person in this book. When her and Louie were at her cabin, she didn’t push him to do anything and that was one of the things that Louie remember through all of his tough time. I think Becky was one of the best characters Chris Crutcher could’ve made for this book. She plays well with the story line.

3 comments:

Conner said...

I agree about Jasper doing anything that coach Lendecky wants. It's almost like Lendeckys the principal instead of Jasper. I also agree that Becky was a huge part of Louies life. She was a great fit for him.

Mae Writer said...

Yeah, Jasper would do ANYTHING for Lednecky. If Jasper wasn't there he would've definetley been the Principle. That would've probably mad ethe book more interesting. Ha ha. Becky was like a crazy part of Louie's life. If she didn't die, I wonder what would've happened?

Misque Writer said...

Interesting!